In connection with the 20th November (declared “Universal Children’s Day” by the United Nations), The Little Art is organizing 2nd National ChildRight Arts Festival (19th to 21st November, 2014) in Islamabad.
The festival, being organized in Sir Syed Memorial Society, Islamabad, will consist of Puppet Performances, Film Shows for Children, Theater Performances from schools and 3D Art Installations. The festival promotes inclusiveness, and will bring children from all backgrounds to perform at the festival.
There are two ways for schools to actively participate in this year’s Festival. The details are as follows;
- Producing a theater play with your school students which will be presented in the Festival
- Developing a 3D art installation on the given themes to take part in the Festival exhibition
– There is no restriction in choosing topics for the theater play. It can be one of the festival themes or any other quality play, either classic or contemporary, produced by children and young people.
– Any age group can participate in the festival from your school.
– To ensure the quality of plays presented, the Festival will select from the production ideas. Please fill in the attached form with the information of your play.
– The plays should be at least 25 minutes long and maximum length of the performance should not exceed from 45 minutes.
– The performance can be a theater play with dialogues, mime, dance or a musical.
– Deadline for submission of concepts of theatre plays is 6thOctober 2014.
Schools will be confirmed about their participation based on the concept notes by 12th October 2014.
The schools which will perform in the festival will be presented with shields and each child/young person will be awarded with a certificate in the closing ceremony of the festival.
3D Art Installation
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception of a space.Such experiences that children encounter in their lives are also connected with certain issues, that we as adults needs to understand. Through the 3D Art Installation in the festival, we will allow children to reach out to the people and community with their voices.
The key areas that can be covered by the children and young people in the 3D Art Installation, but not limited to;
- Importance of Education
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Children and Society
- Health and Hygiene
Please note the following;
– It would be convenient for school make 3D Art Installation at their campuses and Installation to the venue will be announced later.
– The 3D At Installation should carry the following information;
– Children and young people of any age group can participate.
– The art installations can also be made in groups.
– Schools will submit 3D Art Installation final Picture to The Little Art by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Entries will be judged by a panel of artists.
– Deadline to send submissions are October 25, 2014.
– Selected art installation will be presented in the Festival exhibition.
All the young artists whose work is presented in the exhibition will be awarded with the certificate of participation.
For Further Information
Omar Ijaz Khan (0321 420 6909, email@example.com)