In these difficult times, COVID-19 is affecting the whole world. Medical staff and law enforcement agencies are fighting it on the frontlines meanwhile governments and scientists are trying their best to facilitate them. It has affected our lives in various ways. It is really important to know how it is effecting our children, youth and their lives and childhood. What are their fears and hopes? How do they want to see their future and the future of the world? Creativity is key to know about their thoughts and imaginations.
The Little Art is inviting children and youth to express their ideas, fears, hopes and thoughts through different creative expressions. Artworks will be submitted online.
For the Children / Young Artist:
We are hoping that soon this crisis will be ended and we would be able to continue with our daily life. Cornona virus will only be found in our history books. These corona days will be the part of our past but how exactly it will be remembered?
How are we not able to go outside freely? How it has affected our loved ones and we are not able to meet them. How we are not able to join our friends in parks. How we are missing our school class rooms. What were the activities we did in a family when we all were locked up in our houses? How we formed and renewed relationships with our siblings, parents and loved ones at home?
In the future we will be able to know stories that how our doctors, politicians and all of us fought with the virus but stories of our children and youth is equally important to know, what they were thinking and how they were facing these times.
Following are the selected themes. Paint or draw your artwork and submit it online.
Corona: What do you think about Corona virus, and how you imagine it?
How Corona is affecting our daily routines? In what ways we can remain positive during this pandemic? What are the things that makes you happy? What are you able to do during your day at home?
Self-hygiene: Self-hygiene is an integral part of our lives. How important it is to maintain self-hygiene during Corona virus outbreak. Through what ways we can remain safe from the virus.
Spring: Although everything has been delayed due to the current situation but spring is still not cancelled. Share your artworks, photos and stories on this beautiful season of flowers and blossoms.
Family: How we are discovering relationships? Who are our siblings and what makes them special? See how parents has been supporting us in various things. You can make portraits of family members and share it.
Memories from the past: We are restricted to homes; the schools are closed and there is a fear of getting sick if we go outside. What are the things that you remember from your school, park, going to friend’s homes and other things that you were able to do before the lockdown? Let’s cherish those memories.
Hopes for the future: What are the things that you want to do when the virus is defeated and we are able to come out of our homes? How does the future look like to you to the world that is free from COVID-19? What will you do differently when we get back to our normal life?
R.M. Naeem (Painter and Teacher, National College of Arts)
Abdul Jabbar Gull (Sculptor and Painter)
Sadaf Naeem (Painter and Visual Artist)
Sajjad Akram (Visual Artist and Teacher, National College of Arts Rawalpindi)
DeadlineSubmission Deadline: 18 June 2020
Voting Deadline: 22 June 2020
Results: 29 June 2020
A: 3-9 Years
B: 10-14 Years
C: 15-18 Years
D: 19-24 Years
- Draw on any above given theme and submit.
- Choose any medium you like: color pencils, markers, acrylics, oil paints, water colors, poster colors, pastels, crayons, pointers, sketch pencils
- Allowed age group: 3-24
- Work must be original and your own (Google/Plagiarism = Disqualification).
- Each artwork must be signed by the name of the artist.
- Fresh and current work is preferred.
- The submissions will be published regularly on our social media channels with 24 hours
- There will be four age group categories and your submission will be posted in the relevant age group category album on our social media. We will email you all the details and further information upon submission.
- No hate speech, political, agendas will be accepted
How to Participate: Step-by-step instructions
- Make your artwork
- Take a very good high-quality photo of your artwork
- Submit your fee and have its proof
- Fill the online form below and submit your artwork along with the fee proof
- Follow The Little Art on Instagram (@tlaorg)
- You will receive a confirmation email from The Little Art
- Once your work is published on Facebook, promote it among your friends.
There will be two type of winners
Jury’s choice winner: 3 prizes in each age group
Total number of winners=12
Note: Jury will decide winners upon their creativity, originality and imagination. Jury’s decision will be final.
Public Choice Award: 3 prizes in each age group
Total number of winners=12
Note: Every participant will have the equal opportunity to win in each category upon number of likes on their artwork. Every artwork will be posted on TLA’s FB page. Participant has to collect maximum number of likes to win the competition.
The jury will curate an exhibition for prestigious online platform Google Cultural Institute. Google Cultural Institute will host the exhibition of the artworks with the credits and complete information of artists for future.
Benefits for Participants:
- E-Certificate of participation
- Publishing each submitted artwork on The Little Art social media platforms
Benefits for Winners:
- Certificate for the winners
- Exhibition of the selected artwork on Ink Factory and The Little Art websites
- Selected artworks will be published by UNICEF on its social media
- Winners will receive customized Gift box with the following items: (your artwork will be printed on it):
1 Notebook A5
1 Notebook A4
1 Wall Poster (A4/A3 Size)
Each submission Rs. 300 PKR
Fee can be submitted through the following 3 ways
1: Direct Online Transfer/IBFT/Bank Deposit
Account Title: The Little Art
Account #: 0182-007-000-000-342
Faysal Bank Limited
2: Jazz Cash mobile account
Account No: 03324387626
Account Title: Shoaib Iqbal
3: EasyPaisa mobile account
Account No: 03154036167
Account Title: Shoaib Iqbal
Fee proof: Please take a photo or screenshot of fee transaction and submit it along with artwork as fee proof online.
Fee exemption: Students studying in Government schools are free to participate and there is no submission fee.
You will receive a detailed email containing the next steps upon successful submission. For queries/questions please write to (Click Here To Email) Awais Shafique with title “Digital Artbeat Competition”