In these difficult times, COVID-19 is affecting the whole world. It has affected our lives in various ways. It is really important to know how it’s affecting you as children and youth. What are your fears and hopes? How do you want to see your future and the future of the world? Creativity is key to share your thoughts and imagination
The Little Art invites you to express your ideas, fear, hopes and thoughts through photo story, creative writing and calligraphy.
We are hoping that soon this crisis will be ended and we would be able to continue with our daily life. These corona days will be part of our past but how exactly will it be remembered? The stories and thoughts of our children and youth are important to understand.
The Little Art launches an online competition for children and young artists. Share a digital photo, write a story and draw calligraphy.
Submit it online, and share it with your friends.
There will be two type of winners
Jury’s Choice Winners: Jury will decide winners upon their creativity, originality and imagination. Jury’s decision will be final
Public Choice Award: Every participant will have the equal opportunity to win in each category upon number of likes on their prompt. Every submitted work will be posted on TLA’s FB page. Participant has to collect maximum number of likes to win the competition.
Benefits for winners
- Publishing each submitted prompt on The Little Art social media platforms
- E-Certificate for the winners.
- Winners will also receive a special Cutputli puppetry box (for under 18) OR Art in the box gift (for above 18) from The Little Art
- Exhibition of the selected prompt/work on the The Little Art website
Benefit for Participants
- Publishing each submitted prompt/work on The Little Art social media platforms
How to Participate: Step-by-step instructions
- See the creative prompts given below and create at your home
- Fill in the required information in the form given below
- Select the prompt category that you want to opt for
- Upload/Write your work/story
- Click on Submit
- You will receive a confirmation email from The Little Art with voting details
- The submissions will be published regularly on our social media channels
- Allowed age group: 3-24
- You can participate in more than one Category
- Only 1 entry per category is accepted
- Work must be original and your own (Google/Plagiarism = Disqualification)
- Stories can be in English or Urdu
- You can submit your writings in text or scan/photo of the notebook page (picture must be in good quality for the reader)
- Fresh and current work is preferred
- The submissions will be published regularly on our social media channels with 24 hours
- Fake/Bot likes will result in disqualification of the work
- Please see guidelines under each category
- No hate speech, political, agendas will be accepted
- Do not forget to upload your work in the relevant category
- The decision of The Little Art team will be final and shall not be challenged.
Deadline: 31 May 2020 (submission deadline)
6 June (voting deadline)
10 June (results)
Fee: There is no fee to participate in the competition
Following are the selected themes. Submission only on these themes will be accepted except Draw Calligraphy prompt
What do you think about Corona virus, and how you imagine it?
How Corona is affecting our daily routines? In what ways we can remain positive during this pandemic? What are the things that makes you happy? What are you able to do during your day at home?
Self-hygiene is an integral part of our lives. How important it is to maintain self-hygiene during Corona virus outbreak. Through what ways we can remain safe from the virus.
Although everything has been delayed due to the current situation but spring is still not cancelled. Share your calligraphy, photos and stories on this beautiful season of flowers and blossoms.
How we are discovering relationships? Who are our siblings and what makes them special? See how parents has been supporting us in various things. You can make portraits of family members and share it.
Memories from the past
We are restricted to homes; the schools are closed and there is a fear of getting sick if we go outside. What are the things that you remember from your school, park, going to friend’s homes and other things that you were able to do before the lockdown? Let’s cherish those memories.
Hopes for the future
What are the things that you want to do when the virus is defeated and we are able to come out of our homes? How does the future look like to you to the world that is free from COVID-19? What will you do differently when we get back to our normal life?
Here are some creative prompts for children and young people to be inspired and create.
1 Photo, 1 Story
Get creative and tell a story!
A picture is worth a thousand words! But here you only have to create a story of minimum 30 and maximum 250 words!
Snap a picture (from any camera), write a creative story, and share it with us!
- Select any theme mentioned above
- You can take photos (from any camera) of people, and an interesting corner in your home, your child’s play-dough creation, and send us along with a short story.
- Take fresh or new photos and write stories around.
- Your artwork is not a photo
Write a Short Story
Let your inner writer out in!
Your stories can be based on reality or you can make up your own story.
- Select any theme mentioned above
- Write story around the theme
- Minimum words: 100
- Maximum words: 1000
Let the inner calligrapher come out!
- Create calligraphy on any above given theme OR create your own
- Choose any medium you like: color pencils, markers, acrylics, oil paints, water colours, poster colours, pastels, crayons, pointers, sketch pencils
- The artwork can include pictures or designs to complement the calligraphic work. However, the calligraphy should appear to be the main focus of work
You will receive a detailed email containing the next steps upon successful submission. For queries/questions please write to (Click Here To Email) Umair Mushtaq with title “Stay Home and Create Competition V2”